Sunday, October 15, 2023

Hip Kit Club: You Are My Sunshine Layout


Hello friends! The Hip Kit Club's August kits were just as fun and beautiful as the July kit. The theme of this kit were citrisy, vibrant, bright, with a few pinks. Here's my creation and I hope you will love!

You Are My Sunshine

For this layout, I layered white cardstock on top of the "houses" paper. I wanted to incorporate a bit of mixed media, so I planned out my vision first. The idea was to use one of those nice bold sentiments that came from the kit as my title, add my journaling, and then add my photo. I didn't want the mixed media to be overbearing, so I only added it the bottom portion where I knew my photo will be.


I laid out my title, and gave some room for journaling before adding the mixed media. I used a pink spray mist to add that touch of color to the bottom before layering on a few selected pattern papers. I added my photo right on top framed in white that I diecutted in scallop pattern.


I added the flowers, banners, and clipboard. I added the butterfly, and subtitle.


Last, a few bits and pieces to make this whole layout feel more complete. Hope you enjoy this process and give it a try! Mixed media doesn't have to be complicated! ;)

SUPPLIES: Hip Kit Club: August 2023 kits; Others: sewing machine, thread, glue, and dimensional adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment