Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Hip Kit Club: This is Our Moment Layout


Hello friends! The Hip Kit Club's August kits were just as fun and beautiful as the July kit. The theme of this kit were citrisy, vibrant, bright, with a few pinks. Here's my creation and I hope you will love!

This is Our Moment Layout

My goal in any club kits is that at the end of all my creations, I have used each of the designs in the front or back of a paper at least once. If I received 11 patterned papers with different designs in the back, I will have use at least all 22 designs at the end of finishing the kit. That being said, it gives me a challenge. For example this very bold, "already" set background that I used for this layout.


Don't get me wrong. It's beautiful. You don't have to do anything to it if you don't want to. But the designer in me said I need more oomph. So, how can I make this even more fun to look at without taking away too much from this beautiful background and my chosen photo? I added vellum. It's a safe way to tone down things that are too bold, make photos pop from pages, but still let that lovely background shine through.


For this layout, I trimmed and layered bigger pieces of pattern papers for my background. I typically do this for my photos instead of my background, but I wanted to make my background even more fun to look at. I kept my photo layered pretty clean, and chose to focus more on that background and embellishments.


I added the citrus, titles, and subtitles around my page. Finished my layout with embellishments, small flairs, and my journaling. Hope my layout gave you a bit of inspiration.

SUPPLIES: Hip Kit Club: August 2023 kits; Others: sewing machine, thread, glue, and dimensional adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment